Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zo0LanDeR88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Hey all, i currently have a 2.5 g5 with a stock 250 gig hd. I'm into indie filmmaking and could therefore use a second hd. But i was thinking of placing a raptor 74 gb drive as my main drive with the os on it and all, and erase the 250 and use it as my second drive as a video scratch drive. I am currently running panther and planning to upgrade to tiger as well. my question is will this move really benefit me or should i figure out some other route. Im thinkin since the raptor is fast, and if i place all the main apps on it, they'll run faster. any help is appreciated...thanks

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
WHat you cvould do is use a raptor as your system HD and use the 250gb you have to handle all files as a storage hard drive....With a raptor as your system drive you will notice some wuite nice improvements in the way your powermac works, apps will indeed load up quicker especially things like photoshop will work more smoothly...

SHaDOW :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.