Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Hi everyone.

A friend of mine is looking at purchasing some apple equipment, (for the first time) and needs some advice!

He is interested in the 23" Display, but, ideally wants it connected a PC. Now im pretty sure you can do this as the monitor draws power from the dvi connector which doesnt happen on pc's?

If not, he would be most likely to purchase a mac mini. However, he wants to conenct other things to the display, such as freeview/ps2 blah blah blah. Is :) there any kind of break out box or similar device that will allow other input to the display through scart and other similar home style connections.
Basically he loves the look of the display, but wants it to be more multi purpose, then simply for view a mac!

sorry ive searched, but its hard work, and i know you guys love replying!

Cheers in advanced,

cwedl.
:)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I am pretty sure elgato makes something for consoles on your mac however their is a delay i believe and it would be useless.

If he wants to use multiple things on the display i would go with the 24" dell display myself.

I have the 20" and i have my gamecube, powermac, and powerbook connected to it.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Hes got his heart set on the 23" Display, not subsitutions please. LOL:cool:

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
ok great, thats one problem sorted.

So it looks like using a box to get inputs into the PC, and then going that way, a VIVO graphics card maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.