HELP! Pixel Crawl

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ltempest, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ltempest macrumors newbie

HELP!
    I have a serious problem in Final Cut Express. I am using some still images and have a motion applied to them. But when I render the final file and burn a dvd I get a horrendous pixel crawl appearing on some of my images. By this I mean on certain parts of the image the images appears to 'flicker' during the motion.

How can I stop this? is their a filter I can apply? I have tried a 2 pixel blur on the images in photoshop before import but that has no effect.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Lee

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

are the places flickering thin and straight lines?

did you get these pics from an interlaced source?

did you use a de-interlace filter?

3. ltempest thread starter macrumors newbie

All images are from an 8MP digital camera, with no color correction or sharpening, imported directly into FCE. On some images I have applied the FCE video de interlace filter as mentioned in other posts.

Seems mad that iMovie can do it but not FCE!

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

you dont need to de-interlace the image if it wasnt taken from TV, try without the filter?

5. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

If you brought the pics in at the full 8MP resolution, that's your problem. You need to shrink them down to about 800x600 at 72dpi. You're getting resolution conflict in the image that the video and television can't handle. Redo your pics to that size, and you'll see a significant increase in quality.

7. ltempest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I'm exporting them at the highest quality jpeg settings. But I have taken into account the physical sizing of the images and reduced them down to the sizes I need. I cannot make them 800x600 as my movie is widescreen and needs to be 1024, but most images start larger than this and 'zoom' down in size. I have therefore set the physical dimensions of the image to my starting size and I'm rendering a test now.