Help please, iPhone 4 Power/Wake button jammed/stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John92, Dec 6, 2011.

1. John92, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2011
    London, UK
    This morning i woke up to find that the button on my iPhone 4 was stuck/jammed. Have to push really hard to show "slide to turn off". iPhone is 4 months out of warranty. I have looked after it, it's without a scratch and i am certain it's a manufacture fault. I think they are going to ask me to pay over a £100 to replace it. Being in the UK, would i be able to rely on the Sale of Goods Act. Any opinions.

2. macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2011
  3. macrumors member

Nov 28, 2008
    Does anyone know how to contact apple for free? without paying £25 for a single phone call?
    I need to email them or write to them and complain

4. macrumors newbie

Jul 15, 2008
    Iphone 4 on/off switch stuck

Out of the blue, started last week; this is an original (pre-ordered) Iphone 4 I have since june 23, 2010; I was hoping to skip having to get 4S (foreign accent, SIRI doesn't work for me:) but now with rumors of Iphone 5 not coming out for nearly a year... from my read of other posts unless we are under warranty Apple will not help
  5. macrumors member

Aug 10, 2009
    sleep awake button no longer working

This just happened to me last week,out of the blue,so I was really annoyed.It happened while jail breaking, and I made the false assumption that there was relationship between them; there was not.I didn't take it to apple, but an independent (and excellent) repair shop in new york city called Ifixit.They replaced the button ,while I waited,and it was only $75,works like new noe.
  6. macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    FANTASTIC! Supported a local business, got it done for CHEAP (relative to Apple), and most importantly -- IT WORKS!