Help please... (iPod not recognized)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chaotickitty, Sep 14, 2005.

1. chaotickitty macrumors newbie

Umm I know what has caused my problem here but I can't seem to fix it no matter what. iTunes was supposedly updating my ipod but seemed to froze so I just closed it cause it was 'not responding' and..now when I put my ipod in its blinking orange and it's not being recognized by my computer(just when i go into my computer its not sitting on there as iPod disk, it does though show up as a device and supposedly working just fine). I have also reinstalled the drivers and reinstalled the updater. I tried using the updater to restore it and it just locked up. :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd say try deleting the preferences but this is a PC, isn't it? :(

Maybe read this. Good luck. :)

3. RoadMushroom macrumors newbie

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

But that's from February, and is therefore probably and most likely talking about a different updater. Still, it's got some useful info. :)

5. sreedy macrumors 6502a

This sounds like what happened to me recently, I attempted to update my 3rd Gen 20GB iPod to be able to take podcasts (v3.0?).

I ran the updater, everything went fine..... got the "Update is complete, iPod will now restart" message..... and my IPOD died. Nothing would make it come back up, no key combinations, not connecting to the mac, not connecting to a charger....... nothing...... Gutted! This was Thursday, I was planning to come on these forums and find a solution on Monday...... on Sunday I came back to it and hit a button and...... got the Apple Symbol...... Yay.... then a dock connector symbol..... so connected it to my mac and it completed the restart and all is ok now! Yeey it's alive again!

So..... my advice is to either try the hard-resets etc. found in other threads on this forum and/or just leave it alone for a couple of days!