Help Please: iSync & iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BWhaler, Oct 25, 2003.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I hope someone can lend a hand since I can't figure this problem out...

iSync is unable to sync by calendars with either my phones (t616 or t68i) or with .Mac.

I get a ton of these messages:

Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:50 PM
    Conduit iCal generated exception NSInvalidArgumentException: *** -[NSCFString emailString]: selector not recognized. Can't get record with ID B275E292-B429-11D7-9DA7-000A958803C6.
    Conduit iCal generated exception NSInvalidArgumentException: ***

<they go on for pages>

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks SO much in advance.

BW

2. machack1 macrumors newbie

iSync error message

Same problem here too.

Conduit iCal generated exception NSInvalidArgumentException: *** -[NSCFString emailString]: selector not recognized. Can't get record with ID B708A562-08A6-11D8-8B0C-000A95C5F1BC.

Would appreciate an explanation. This error turned up when I syncronized with my Sony T616 phone. It already had information on it from syncing with another mac.

3. ckwm macrumors member

Are you running the latest versions of iCal and iSync. Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

4. machack1 macrumors newbie

Yup, everything is up to date. I just tried to reset my phone (erasing all data). I also deleted the T616 profile from iSync. Then I resyncronized and let it auto detect everything through bluetooth. All worked well, but I still got the same error message.

5. machack1 macrumors newbie

Fixed the problem with reset

I just wanted to give a quick update to my iSync / iCal syncronization problem. I ended up doing a full reset on my T616 phone and also deleting all existing calendars in iCal. Then I started slowly, adding dates to one calendar at a time (manually). So far so good! No error messages now! It was a bit of a pain, but it corrected the problem.:)

6. russgra macrumors newbie

I get the same syncing my iPod:

Conduit iCal generated exception NSInvalidArgumentException: *** -[NSCFString emailString]: selector not recognized. Can't get record with ID 099665F1-291A-11D8-A936-000A95A536F6.

I am running:
    Panther 10.3.2 (up to date)
    iCal 1.5.2 (up to date)
    iSync 1.4 (up to date)

I would love to know why?

7. aallan macrumors newbie

You've got a corrupted backup conduit

See http://www.babilim.co.uk/blog/2006/01/strange-isync-problem.html for details of the fix.

Cheers,
    Al.