Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Got this laptop just yesterday. its the base model non touchbar. Apparently while I left it downloading the sims 4, when I went back to check it it was restarting. I didn't realize that it was kernel panic until I closed all the apps that are opened and saw the message that says "your computer restarted because of a problem...." is it normal that these kind of things happened? or since this is only 2 day old I should just return it and get a new one? am I just being paranoid? please help! first time experiencing It, sorry!

Chiily

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2016
I bought a 21.5" Mac last year and it regularly kernel panics. Its software reliability is terrible. Its pretty much a waste of money. Send yours back, don't buy apple their software is like a cottage industry.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I bought a 21.5" Mac last year and it regularly kernel panics. Its software reliability is terrible. Its pretty much a waste of money. Send yours back, don't buy apple their software is like a cottage industry.

I called up bh photo and told me that if it happens again I can return it and get a new one maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.