Help please! Powerbook 10.3.4 Backlight taking a while to get going!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hob, May 31, 2004.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Just recently, i'm pretty sure AFTER i installed 10.3.4, I noticed that when I wake my PowerBook display (not the computer itself) from sleep, the display turns on fine in the background, but it takes a good 2 or 3 seconds for the backlight to come on... anyone else had this? What could it be? How can i fix it?!

Hob

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

I don't think its a problem

It is just taking some time to register that it is dark in the room, so it should turn on its back light. When I open my ibook, it takes a few seconds to wake up and change the background, since I have my ibook change the background everytime it wakes up or boot.

Also, if the screen is turning on while you are still opening it, like the screen gets to shine down a little bit onto the keyboard area. The sensors that are in the speaker areas are picking up the screen as a light source so it waits to put the keyboard lights on till its sure its not receiving good enough light.

3. ZaniCWB macrumors member

ZaniCWB

He is talking about the screen. Yeah, I can see a lag in mine (PowerBook 1.33GHz 12") as well, but it takes about a second or two. Before it was instantly. Anyone else?

4. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

Yeah that was what I was talking about - the 12" (well MY 12" dunno about the new ones) don't have backlit keys!!