Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Had the same problem; wouldn't see my home network. Called my provider "Telus" in Alberta; Canada. Here is what they had me do and it worked.
Settings
General
Reset - have to scroll right to bottom of screen to find "Reset"
Reset Network settings
re-boot

and if that don't work
try
Reset all settings - this is the one that worked for me.

Don't worry about resetting all settings; doesn't screw anything up.

Hope this helps!!!
Good luck.

hillbilly6

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
iPhone 3g suddenly lost all wifi

After having worked perfectly for over a year, my 3g has just suddenly lost any type of wifi connection. It doesn't recognize any networks at all. I was at home, connected to our wifi network, perfect connection as usual. Literally 10 minutes after having checked email, I went back to the 3g to do some web surfing and there was no wifi network. I had 4.2.1 installed
I've since re-jailbroken the phone, and re-unlocked it, now using 4.1. I've reset the network settings, all settings, checked the router (works perfectly with every other device at home), etc. I've also checked with other wifi networks that I've connected to in the past, but no go. Nothing works. Doesn't recognize any networks. No signal. 3G works just fine.
Others have suggested heat may be the problem, i.e., creating a hardware problem, and I'm starting to suspect as much. It's become a lot hotter of late, temps now usually 30-35 Celsius. If it is the heat, in that some internal wire or connection comes loose, does anyone know what it might be? I'd have no problems opening the phone and replacing what needs replacing, so any tips would be much appreciated.

stevenboyce

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
try this

I simply changed the name and password for my wireless network - this seems to have reset something.

To do this type the ip address of your router into a browser - i use SKY and didn't know my sky username and password so i entered admin and sky which works for everyone!

I have a better range with my wifi and it doesn't keep dropping out.

elchad

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
iphone cannot find wifi networks fix

My iphone G4 suddenly could not find wifi networks, even if I was sitting right by the airport . My ipod could still find a network but not the iphone. I found the fix on apple support at this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

There are a variety of thing to try listed, most of which I had already done and still no luck. However, this is what worked:

Restart your iOS device
Hold the On/Off button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the On/Off button to turn it back on.

When you turn it back on the screen will initially be black and then the white apple will come on. Just wait, your regular screen will appear. Then slide to unlock. Go to settings. Go to WI-FI and tap to turn ON. Tap the WI-Fi in the next screen to turn on. A drop down panel will now appear showing you available networks. All fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.