HELP please!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by chatlene, Sep 17, 2004.

1. chatlene macrumors newbie

chatlene

Hello,

I am a first time user of Folder Actions and I was not able to make it work yet.

-Create a new folder
    -Enable Folder Actions
    -Attach a Folder Action
    -select for example: Image-Duplicate as TIFF.scpt

Then I take a JPG image that I drop on the Folder and I get:

"NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError:4"

Whatever script I choose I get this message and it doesn't work.

I do not know anything about Applescript so I would appreciate some help.

Thanks a lot.

helene

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

I'm not AppleScript expert, and hadn't seen this error before, but a quick search on Google revealed this article on Apple.com:

http://www.apple.com/applescript/uiscripting/01.html

This solution was mentioned in conjunction with your error message several times, so it looks to be a fairly simple fix.

3. chatlene thread starter macrumors newbie

chatlene

Hello,

I have some news. Today I tried to attach a script not related to image and it worked. I attached "add-new item alert.scpt" then I added "open - show comments in dialog.scpt" and it also worked. I opened both the scripts and it says "This Folder Action script is designed for use with Mac OS X version 10.2 and higher."
    It seems that only the scripts related to images do not work and I read this on this link

http://www.apple.com/applescript/imageevents/

"To automate image processing tasks, Mac OS X version 10.3 exposes the powerful graphics abilities of the operating system through a built-in scriptable image processing service called SIPS (Scriptable Image Processing Server). The SIPS architecture contains tools for performing basic image alterations and can be accessed through either the Terminal application’s command line interface (CLI), or by using AppleScript to control the Image Events application that is included with Mac OS X version 10.3."

Would it be that something is wrong with "Image Events" on my system?