HELP PLS: Professional CRM on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thevoicefactory, Feb 8, 2005.

1. thevoicefactory macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Having switched all 4 PC's in my company to Macs (and loving it) I now have the find a good CRM software package for my company. Where the PC world has lots of alternatives I don't seem to be able to find a decent solution for this on the Mac ... or a good Apple dealer to advise me herein.

What I am looking for is a all-in-one program which allows me to:

- Store company and contact details preferably with a photo of the contact
    - Write and receive e-mails from the program and be able to link them to the relation
    - Write letters and have a chosen layout with their address details added automatically based on made templates.
    - Have these letters linked to the relation too.
    - Have other documents like sound files linked to a relation
    - Create invoices and reminders of which the layout is fully customisable and extra calculations can be made (like generating a payment date in the invoice or adding a credit surcharge in the total for payments after a certain date)
    - Have a multi-user agenda
    - Work in a client-server environment
    - Have a complete history of each relation with notes.
    - Store quotes, etc.
    - Create mailings (and thus selections)
    - Have a easy to use look & feel

It would also be a nice to have function if the information is accessible through a web interface (but not on a ASP model)

I have looked at all the solutions on the made4mac page at the apple site containing the word CRM but most of them are just very simple tools not aimed at companies.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Michael

2. Gee macrumors 65816

This isn't a recommendation because I haven't used it, but Filemaker, the database people (www.filemaker.com) have some solutions for customer relationship management. Haven't checked them out to see whether they have something with all of your required functions, but go check them out...

PS - I'd be interested in what solution you go for in the end, so keep us posted....

3. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Run a search for CRM on SourceForge. I know they have a few web-based (PHP+MySQL) CRM tools under development. They're all free & open source, so can be modified to fit your needs if necessary.

Like Gee, this is no recommendation, but I thaught it was worth pointing out the possibility to you. Setting a PHP/MySQL system shouldn't be too difficult with OS X and you'll find plenty of support here!

Good luck.

4. thevoicefactory thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so far guys. Some of the projects on sourceforge look promising but they don't allow to make standard addressed letters. Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

7. thevoicefactory thread starter macrumors newbie

Found something

Thanks for all the advice.

I've looked at the web based solutions but they don't allow me to make template letters or invoices.

I have found a program however of which I am very impressed: Revolver Pro. It is currently in a Beta release but looks very promising. The program is a make over of a program the company released earlier called Mono 2.1.1 This one works very fast. It is in German only unfortunately.

Revolver is in English and the Beta is downloadable from www.revolversoft.com

Any other suggestions are still appreciated though.

Best,
    Michael