Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betsbillabong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Sometime in the past few days, web pop-ups stopped working in Safari for me. I am running Safari 3.0.4 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (on a G4 powerbook).

I have checked to be sure the "block pop-up windows" is dechecked, and I have also gone into preferences and made sure that Java and Javascript are enabled, and that the "block pop-up windows" there is also dechecked.

Any ideas about this? It's a pain, since many websites use pop-ups (for example, I like to enlarge photos from the NY Times).

Thanks!
BB

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Do you use Adblock?

If so, go to Safari and open up preferences and deselect the "Safari Adblock is enabled".

Here is the window:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 596

betsbillabong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
No Adblock

Not that I know of... have never downloaded anything like that, and this behavior is new, as of this week. No changes that I can think of...

betsbillabong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
I should mention that I really notice this in situations where there's (I assume) a 'target="_blank"' kind of pop-up. For instance, my very own website.

In other words, this is for things I click on myself, not popup ads.

Any ideas on restoring this functionality?

Thanks,
BB

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I should mention that I really notice this in situations where there's (I assume) a 'target="_blank"' kind of pop-up. For instance, my very own website.

In other words, this is for things I click on myself, not popup ads.

Any ideas on restoring this functionality?

Thanks,
BB

I am not sure but see if this problem still persists after you delete the Safari p-list.

Its in /Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.