help posting this ? combine mail messages what have attachments.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nwrealestate, Nov 3, 2006.

1. nwrealestate macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2005
    Working in OSX 10.4.8 Learned how to make a script to combine my mail messages from select senders so I can print the text portion from these emails as 1 message. Very help full See November 06 issue of macworld pg. 92. But I am having a problem doing this when the email contains attachments. It will not work. I need to be able to combine the text portion of the messages even though they contain attachments in the message portion of the file. Is there a way to shut this on and off (I mean the fact that all the attachments show up in my message portion of my email? in 0S9.2 this wasn't the case. I don't want to combine the attachments just the text portion to print. Is there a way to do this? Am open to suggestions/possiblities. The easier the better.

Thanks so much as this would make my job a whole lot easier.

Also is there instructions anywhere on how to post a new question in a particular forum was in the software forum and could not figure it out.
    Seems like there should be a button right there on post a new thread etc. but nothing worked. I tried to find answer in F&Q but could not. Would save me and probably others if I could learn this. thank you so much. I'm never sure if my posts are submitted properly or not.
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You were probably in the Mac Software forum (a "forum category" that holds other forums). You can't submit a new thread there because you first have to pick which specific forum to post in. If you click Mac Applications, which would be appropriate for a question about Mail, you'll see a "New Thread" button to start a new thread and ask your question.

Since you've already asked your Mail question, your thread has been moved to that forum.