Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
I was on my powerbook and adjusted the screen back to much the hinges broke. Help help . I have another powerbook titanium this one is 667 the othe is 500 mhz. Can I switch the screens. I am freeking out my dad is going to kill me please help help.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
IDANNY said:
I was on my powerbook and adjusted the screen back to much the hinges broke. Help help . I have another powerbook titanium this one is 667 the othe is 500 mhz. Can I switch the screens. I am freeking out my dad is going to kill me please help help.
Um you'd have to push it back a LOT to break the hinge...
Anyway, what specifically do you want to do? do you want to change the hinge mechanism? do you want to switch hard drives? Most of the stuff that I can think you want to do voids warranty.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
IDANNY said:
I was on my powerbook and adjusted the screen back to much the hinges broke.

sorry man...but i really burst out laughin...thats incredibly funny....sorry again...still cant stop laughin...

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
The computer can easily run with the lid down, though you'll have to disable sleep mode when it is, and then plug in external display -- I don't think another powerBook's will do.

Otherwise, contact Apple for a fix. If it was AppleCare'd and the time limit isn't yet up, it might be done for free, but seeing as how you're the cause of the problem, it will probably cost. Alot.

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
thanks

I still have applecare on it. I dont think they will fix it but you never no. I want to now if I can take the screen of the other powerbook and put it on this one.

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
The display works fine

The computer is working completley okay. The screen is good just those hinges. Please responed I dont no what to do.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Lucky

What story did you give them? And how in the hell did you break the hinges "adjusting" the screen...I wish ppl were more careful with expensive equipment...

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
HELP!

I broke my iPod today....I was throwing it to my friend (from across the room) and somehow it missed and hit the wall, rolled down the stairs and out the front door where it was promptly stepped on by my dad. Now it doesn't work and I am pissed. Apple should engineer their products better so they can withstand normal use. Does my warranty cover this?

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
appleretailguy said:
Does my warranty cover this?
I had the same thing happen. Well, almost. I was working under my car while listening to my iPod. I didn't want to lay it on the garage floor because I am always very careful with my expensive gear and I didn't want to take any chance of getting even the slightest scratch on my baby. So I tack welded it to the muffler so it would be off the floor and out of the way. I was listening on my car stereo using my iTrip and for some reason after I welded it it stopped working. It wouldn't turn on or anything. I thought it needed reformatting so I dragged my 17" PowerBook under the car and plugged the iPod into it. It wouldn't even mount. While the PB was under the car, some oil (transmission fluid I think, it was red--about a tablespoon's worth) spilled onto the keyboard and now the PowerBook won't boot. I figured I had to take them both to the Genius Bar since I have AppleCare. I cut the iPod off the muffler with a die grinder and got in the car to to the the Apple Store. This just isn't my day cos I forgot the reason I was under the car is cos I was changing the oil. I took out the old oil but forgot to put the new oil in. So a block from home the engine seizes up. Actually it wasn't my car, it was my dad's new BMW. He's gonna be mad when he finds out. So I got in my car and went the the Apple Store. I told the genius what happened and he went in the back for several minutes to confer with his coworkers. He must not have explained it very well because they all came out and asked me the story. Finally the genius came back, and he was wiping some tears away for some reason. He told me AppleCare wouldn't cover the iPod or the PowerBook. I knew it! Those cheap bastards--always taking the money and running. I yelled at the genius, I yelled at the manager, I called the BBB, and I'm going to sue Apple. I paid the extra money for AppleCare and they're not there for me when I need them. Apple Sucks.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
appleretailguy said:
I broke my iPod today....I was throwing it to my friend (from across the room) and somehow it missed and hit the wall, rolled down the stairs and out the front door where it was promptly stepped on by my dad. Now it doesn't work and I am pissed. Apple should engineer their products better so they can withstand normal use. Does my warranty cover this?
Duff-man says...Ah, but in that circumstance it should be your friend and your Dad paying the repair bill as it's very clearly their fault.....oh yeah! :D

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
Me and my bro where chilling

Then I moved the screen back really fast and it like poped out of the hinges. then I moved the screen forward and both of the hing things came off. That is what happend that is what I told them. except I said I adjusted the screen backwards instead of saying that I did it kinda fast.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
appleretailguy said:

lol. Good one. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.