HELP: Powerpoint from mac to PC, images don't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zeke, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Zeke macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2002
    Greenville, SC
    My wife is forced to use a PC for her presentation but made it in powerpoint on our mac. But when she transferred the file all of the images come up saying quicktime tiff (uncompressed) viewer needed. I've never seen this happen before so I installed quicktime on a PC to see if that solved it but it didn't. Has anyone seen this and what's the workaround? Time is running out...she has 1 hour to get this working. Please help.
  2. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I work on a Mac in a PC enviro and use Powerpoint every day - ugh. PCs sometimes don't like TIFFs - PC PPT prefers JPEGs or GIFs - so the only quick and dirty workaround would be to conver your TIFFs to JPEGs. There are 2 ways of doiing this - 1. Create an action in Photoshop to batch convert a folder of images and then replace your photos in PPT. 2. Open the PPT doc - select your image - copy image - create new doc in Photoshop - paste image in PS - save as JPEG - then replace your images in PPT.
    If you have a huge multi-page doc with lots of photos this will take some time. If you're just showing the presentation on-screen 72 dpi is fine for photos. I usually set mine at 100-150 DPI as we often print our presentations. If the intention is to email the file be sure to save the JPEGs at a low-med setting or the final file will be too big to email.

I hope this helps - if anyone has any better ways of batch changing images in PPT please post here - I could always use some good tips.