HELP: PS2 ONLINE W/ AIRPORT EXTREME!

Discussion in 'Games' started by airfrancisco, Mar 22, 2005.

1. airfrancisco macrumors regular

Hello, I need your help. I have a problem regarding getting my ps2 slim (PSTwo) to go online. I live in a two story house and the internet cable is downstair in my brother's room. To get internet up to my room, I used wireless airport extreme base station. Is there anyway that I can get ps2 to go online using airport extreme base station? If not, could you help me on what items I should be getting and the cheapest way to do it? Also, is it possible to do wireless for ps2? Thanks in an advance

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I believe if you can use the extreme as a base station, and buy an express and enable wds to extend the range and share the net. If you need the net to be phisically connected to a computer you also need a router to allow the computer to get on the net and to use the extreme. Hope this help and good luck.

3. auxplage macrumors 6502

Well, we have an AirportExpress and two computers (eMac and iMac G5). The PS2 is in my room, and I have an iMac. Both computers recieve the signal wirelessly. I have an ethernet cable running out of the iMac and into the PS2. This is the best I could do, but considering the iMac is right next to my television and, therefore, my PS2, it is fine.

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Oh okay sweet, it will work i wrote a thread on the same thing not to long ago. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=116460 this should help.

5. airfrancisco thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply guys! So, I need to buy airport express in order to make my ps2 go online? also, I read a thread before regarding "Linksys" that you can use it wirelessly. Will it work with my airport extreme base station? Thanks

6. auxplage macrumors 6502

There are compatibility issues at time with certain routers and Airport. You have to download patches and stuff. It is best in the beginning just to decide whether or not to use Airport. The reason I use Airport is for wireless music, but other than that a plain old router will work with Macs (for the most part).