Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
My specs are in my signature, but my question is this: Are some of your iDVD 5 themes jerky or choppy (specifics on themes that stand out are the first travel theme, the baby one with the frames spinning--terrible framerate, and maybe one or two others--most are fine though)

Somebody mentioned that my switching my processor speed from automatic to highest might help...but if this was true, how can I be watching 780p h.264 video that's perfectly smooth then? Is iDVD5 or iDVD5 themes in specific that processor intensive?

Any words of advice, background knowledge, or knowing if those specific themes are jerky for you too would be appreciated.:)

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Also, the problem seems to be centered more with chopiness or jerkiness in the couple of 5 themes more (mentioned before) and less of a problem in older 3 and 4 themes...these seem to work just fine.

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
do u mean choppy in preview or in the final dvd. in preview the project hasnt been fully rendered so i would expect choppiness. I dont think u have anything to worry about unless your final dvd is choppy

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I haven't rendered the final DVD so I was just talking about in the preview. Just wanted to know if that's the way it was for everyone, or if there was a problem with this on only my computer.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
tangerineyum said:
do u mean choppy in preview or in the final dvd. in preview the project hasnt been fully rendered so i would expect choppiness. I dont think u have anything to worry about unless your final dvd is choppy

It's choppy even if nothing is put in any of the scenes (ex: when I just open up the program and browse the different themes it's choppy on fore mentioned themes in my post.)

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
I guess I answered my own question. Tried it out on an iMac G5 at school and had the same problems at school...so this just must be how iDVD is. Even on highest for energy settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.