Help- Quick question regarding the Mac offer/rebate

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zhd05, Aug 29, 2006.

1. zhd05 macrumors newbie

Hi, just a quick question regarding the Mac and iPod offer- They mention sending in your reciept/proof of purchase with the rebate form. Do they want the ORIGINAL reciept, or do they want a photocopy? My main reason of asking is that say something was to happen to your Mac, and you took it back to the store for repair or replacement, wouldnt they want to see your original reciept?

Or would it be possible to get 2 reciepts printed off by the saleperson during purchase??

Any help appreciated!
    Cheers! :)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

photocopy is fine - when i did my printer offer i just faxed them my reciept with there rebate form

3. zhd05 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I just did a little more digging in these forums and found that they can give you multiple reciepts at the store! That should solve the problem!

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

When I did the program last year, I actually had two receipts from the cashier at the Apple store. I was a bit surprised, but she was nice enough to do it for me without me even asking.

All depends on the person you get, I guess.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think it is standard practice now to give two receipts. the one i sent in said "duplicate receipt" so it was obviously printed out for the purpose of sending in the rebate.