Help regarding Abortion homework

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Killyp, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    Hi there!

I'm looking at abortion in RE at the moment (a topic I'm finding really interesting actually) and I couldn't find some statistics.

For any doctors here, or anyone who might know, can you please supply me with information about how many abortions there are per year because of deformity in the foetus? If possible, could you also supply a link, or any kind of reference to the background for your information?

Many thanks!!!!!! :)

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens

just had to say that this is one of the strangest question posts, ever.

abortion, on a tech site....

ummmm, some googling would save you ALOT of time.
  3. Killyp thread starter macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    Yes I've tried google, and after getting through numerous pages of results with loads and loads of search queries, I've had no luck...

If anybody can help, I would be infinitely grateful!:D
  4. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    why don't you search and see what you come up with. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction
  5. mischief macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2001
    Santa Cruz Ca
    Foetii that have critical deformity auto-abort. This is the case in better than 98% of inseminations in which pregnancy ends in the first trimester. In fact MOST inseminations auto-abort in less than two weeks. The process of delivery is triggered by the foetus, which means that most pre-term labor can be traced to foetal distress or poor condition.

This would reduce induced abortions for deformed foetii to almost zero % by sheer mass of statistics.