Help Repairing Disk

Discussion in 'macOS' started by markjones05, Jan 9, 2007.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

My computer has been acting up lately. It will beach ball sporatically for several seconds then be ok for a minute then beachball again. This is most noticable while working in final cut making digitizing impossible due to drop frames or freeze frames. When i went into disk utility it says i need to start from my mac osx install cd and then go to disk utility but i cant remember how to boot from the cd. I did a search on the forums and in finder Help menu and couldnt find an answer. I think its just holding down a key after the dong but which one? Also if anyone has any other advice it is always much appreciated.

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

You need to hold down the c key until the Apple logo shows up at startup and then release the key to boot from the drive. Also, Disk Warrior is a good utility.

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

yeah just hold down c and it should work. Good luck

4. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

This is not working for me. I think it is because i have a wireless keyboard and mouse and it doesnt establish a connection until after the os starts up. Is there any other way to do this? I dont have a usb keyboard laying around.