Help Required With Airport Network Please...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Stan, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Stan macrumors member

Sep 1, 2003
    Have successfully set up and been using an Airport network using a iMac G3 450 and a TiBook G4 1Ghz for some time. However, after attempting to add Airport Express to my existing network, it no longer works.

In order to add Express, I removed the details of the closed network from the section in Airport Admin Utility, opened the network and went to the Airport express admin facility to add. Nothing happened.

Now the iMac and the TiBook don't see the Airport unit or the network, either thru Airport setup assistant or the Admin utility. I have tried setting up a new network, to no avail. The only thing that keeps happening is both machines continue to attempt to attach to the existing network, but are bounced straight back (on Internet connect I can see this happening every couple of seconds, and the Airport bar in the top menu flickers on and off).

Can anyone please explain to me simply how to 1) get the existing network issue resolved, and 2) add Express to the network. It is driving me nuts!

All help gratefully received. Regards,

2. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
  3. Stan thread starter macrumors member

Sep 1, 2003