Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I need some help. I am running 10.3.2 with the latest update of Safari and every once in a while it just locks up the whole computer. The mouse will still move, but the dock is frozen, none of the menus work and force quit doesn't work either. this only happens with Safari and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not I am trying to enter a secure site or not, not is there one site that always crashes it. I have repaired permissions, checked the hard drive using disk utility, ran my hardware test disk and nothing worked, so I did a complete clean reinstall, and it still does it. I don't know what to do, any help would be very appreciated. BTW, I am having this problem on a 1ghz TiBook, if that makes any differences. I have the same software on my other two computers and there are not any problems at all.....I don't know what to do. Thanks for any help

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
delete the prefernces for safari, in library prefernces,,
although i personally dont like safari,. coz it takes too much cpu..but still it shouldnt just freeze the comp!!!

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Ok, I have done that and we will see if it works, but wouldn't a new preferences file have been created when I did a clean install of the system?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
IE eats way more CPU than safari ;) At least, when idle...

Have you had any RAM installed? Panther is *very* picky about RAM quality...

paul

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
No, the only RAM in the computer is what it shipped with from Apple. I thought of that too, but I have had the computer several months and haven't added anything too it and this is a very recent development.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.