HELP. Screen moves with mouse?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by higg0060, Jan 29, 2006.

1. higg0060 macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2006
    This is the first time I've ever encountered this problem.
    The screen is shifting depending on where my mouse is.

I've tried changing the resolution and trying different monitors but I beleive the problem is either my graphics card or display setup. Has anyone ever heard of this?

If I move my mouse right I can see that part of my screen but not what is on the left, if I move it up or down I can see what is there but I lose whatever is in the opposite direction. Suggestions?

Here is a screen grab, although it is not as bad as what is on my screen. For some reason the horizontal is right but the vertical is off.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    eesh, that sounds like a mess. did you check all around the settings for your computer? I think you can do something like.. calibrating your screen in the display section. I don't know that that will actually do anything though.
  3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

May 6, 2005
    Bay Area
    Sounds like the zoom feature (awesome feature when you need it btw)...

Apple+option-minus "-"
  4. Peace macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier

Computer model ?
    OS version?

If your using a new iMac it's probably due to the spanning of windows..
  5. higg0060 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2006
    A lifesaver... you are.
    I don't know how i hit that button but I'm ecstatic that it wasn't a graphics card problem or my monitor dying. Thank you all for answering this post so fast. I was going crazy trying to do freelance work due tomorrow. I can now relax.

I now, officially, have never had a single issue/problem with my Mac since I bought it in 2002 (other than user error).

Thanks again.
  6. torina429 macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2008
    That worked
  7. hellokittie macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2012
    Thank you!

Thank you for the help I was going nuts with this problem!:D