HELP...Smartphone advice.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blindspot, Nov 24, 2006.

1. blindspot macrumors newbie

blindspot

So I'm completely unorganized and decided that a PDA will help me get my shizzle together. I've been researching the Treo 680 and was pretty sold on that phone. It has many of the features i am looking ofr (camera, calender, internet, etc)

I was wondering if i should wait for the Iphone to come out. Will the Iphone be more on the lines of a smartphone with internet etc. Or will it be a mainly music device?

Thanks for the help.

K

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

nobody really knows if the iphone will be musically inclined or things like that, but apparantly, it will be more of an instant messaging sort of device, than a normal pda/smartphone. If you get a palm, you wont look back. i got a tungsten e2 and it has helped me tons

3. Pili macrumors regular

agreed ^^^

I have a Palm Treo 700p and i love it. I wouldnt say its the prettiest OS but it is definitely very functional and there are tons of apps out for it. The initial setup to get it to sync all the info i wanted was a bit of a pain (im syncing with entourage) but now its just a matter of turning the bluetooth on and hitting the sync button.

the treo 680 looks awesome too, the design looks pretty slick.