Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reeves

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Virginia
My iPod is showing a folder with an exclimation point inside a triangle. What's wrong with my iPod? I can't make the screen go away or get noticed by my iBook.

Reeves

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Virginia
I just reset it, and the apple logo came back, but then the folder with the warning sign came back.

Applespider

macrumors G4
reset it on the iPod itself?

It means that the iPod can't find what it's looking for system wise. It might be a failed/failing hard drive, it might just be that something's got scrambled.

Try restoring it to the factory conditions using the most recent iPod installer.

Reeves

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Virginia
Applespider said:
reset it on the iPod itself?

It means that the iPod can't find what it's looking for system wise. It might be a failed/failing hard drive, it might just be that something's got scrambled.

Try restoring it to the factory conditions using the most recent iPod installer.

But I can't install it because it says no iPod is plugged in.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
If your computer isn't picking it up...then you'll have to take it into an Apple store, or where you got it from. If you've tried the factory reset on the iPod, and your computer isn't seeing that isn't there, there really isn't any other options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.