Help: sound balance changing randomly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VAmin, Apr 7, 2006.

1. VAmin macrumors member

Every once in awhile, often enough to be annoying, the balance slider in the sound control panel shifts a bit to the left. I set it to center, and then some time later (a few days, a few weeks..) I'll put on my headphones and notice the imbalance again. Does anybody here know what might be causing it? I'm stumped.

Thanks.

2. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

It's a known bug I think. It happens to me regularly too. Very annoying and I wish I knew how to stop it too.:mad:

3. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

The same thing happens to me. It seems to happen when I use the volume keys to rapidly change the volume up and down.

4. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Actually I don't know whether you experience this or not too: Sometimes when trying to turn the volume up or down it becomes really unresponsive and if I have repeatedly hit the key it will slowly move the volume one bar at a time until some sound has played through the speakers. Very bizarre!

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its a known bug. i had a thread on it awhile back, if i can dig it up i think there's a link to a 3rd party fix for it. :D

Edit: previous thread

Fix: Balanced

6. VAmin thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I have experienced that, usually when changing the volume fresh from sleep or under heavy loads.

Thanks for the fix, just what I was looking for.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

glad to be of help. it can be very frustrating. and i have no idea what causes it to happen. glad its not present on my iMac :D

8. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

that happens on my ibook, does anyone know why :S