help! standard ipod earphones color!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cygnusgirl, Oct 27, 2004.

1. cygnusgirl macrumors newbie

I just got my new 40gb ipod today, i ordered from the apple store online. But my concern is, the headphones that came with it are gray! the actual tip of the earbud is white, but the cord is definitely gray! now i was under the impression that the ipod came with white headphones! I'm kind of upset b/c to me, the white cord of the headphones shows everybody that you have an ipod! Could anyone please give me any more info on this? I know it sounds kind of superficial, but I've paid so much money for my ipod, that I want my white headphones! Thank you so much!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Well, if it is a defect, they might go for a lot on eBay. Like those deformed Ty babies.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The cords are light gray on all 4G iPods. They look white from a distance and simply signify that you have a newer iPod, so you lose no 'status'.

4. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

The cord on the new headphones is grey as are parts of the earbuds themselves. Part of the earbuds is white.

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

My in ear head phones have grey at the bottom and it looks like the wire is the same color, but it definately looked white to me until you told me to look.

6. cygnusgirl thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the replies. So i guess you are saying that all the 4G ipods come with a gray cord? did the previous generations have a white cord then?

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yes - but the gray cord isn't really distinguishable from a white one from any distance. And those who can tell it's light gray just know you've got a newer iPod. So you can't lose. And you can still buy pure white corded headphones - I think.

8. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I have a 3G 15GB iPod, and the headphone cord is definitely not white; it's light gray. And it's not even the 4G iPod. I'm not sure if 1G or 2G cords were white, but 3G and 4G are light gray.

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Ah. See? They all look white. I'd just assumed the earlier ones actually were white.

10. ryan42 macrumors 6502

ryan42

Heh. People know you have an iPod and they mug ya. :p

11. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Upon closer inspection, my MINIS headphones may be a light grey aswell... I woudl've never have noticed that... :rolleyes:

12. Aaon macrumors 6502

I have a Mini, and the headphone cables are definitely a light gray. However, they look white from a distance. It is only when you look at the cord next to the actual earbud do you notice the grayish color. I think they look pretty good, actually.

Aaron

13. iNemo macrumors newbie

Mine are grey aswell. I only noticed because the wire for the remote is grey aswell. thought mine were just tainted. obviously not... oh well music is played clearly :D