help, switching to mac (Tivo)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ddekker, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ddekker macrumors regular

hey all,

been dinkin with macs for a while now and seems like I'm always running into strange little problems of things I need to accomplish. so from time to time I'll post and see if anyone here can help out (thanks in advance, and yes I search first). so on to my question of the the day/week.. I have a couple Tivo's on my home network and my PC along with my Mac, the mac runs the music great, but can't deal with tivo to go video, is this due to windows media encryption? is there a light at the end of the tunnel? or now with the apples being intel will OS X go away? so the question is, does nayone have a way to get the tivo to play nice with my mac? I blog my concerns about everyday to see if others have the same troubles or can help me through my transistion

thanks,

DD

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You may want to check out http://tivocommunity.com and look for posts by TivoPony who is a Tivo employee. I believe they are working on a OS X version of tivo togo that should be released soon. Since they use Sonic on the PC side and Sonic bought out Roxio it shouldnt be too hard to integrate it in to Toast imho. The big part may be with the encryption and/or apple not wanting to play nice with QT.

Ed

3. ddekker thread starter macrumors regular

switching troubles

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have been on that forum a few times and it seems that anyone with an apple is just pissed about it not working and not really looking for a solution, so It looked to me that on this forum people were more driven to finding a solution to your problem, if you can, take a look on my blog once and a while and see if you have any suggestions for my problems, everyone here is always so helpful. I also have had good luck with a site "learntomac.com" he posts how to videos of things people don't understand, it looks like a pretty new site, but anyone willing to help is okay in my book.

Thanks,

DD