HELP! The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015).

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tatstarfreak, Dec 27, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2010
    Arizona were it's super hot here!
    SO I bought an iPhone and it all seems to work fine so i went to upgrade to firmware 4.2.1 and did the BB 16.5 seemed to work until I realized that wifi wouldn't work and I could not unlock the thing to use t-mobile. So I tried to run the restore and jailbreak process again and it totally told me that (The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015).) this error message keeps popping up. I have tried desperately to do everything on line but nothing is working. Can someone out there please take pity on me and help me fix this? The dumb thing is stuck on restore mode and will not let me restore jailbreak or anything.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am so discouraged!!! :eek::confused:

I am working on a 3g 8G.
  2. macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    Download TinyUmbrella and click "Exit Recovery"

It will probably go right back into Recovery Mode because you need custom firmware, but at least you'll know how to get it out the next time you run into this. :D
  3. macrumors member

May 7, 2008

You are the one THIS GUY sold it to. :)
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2011
    An unknown ... 1015

Hi, i have to some problems with my 3GS 32GB UK, i was install the last FW 4.2.1 and unlock it but i was connect my iPhone with another PC that has auto sync and from that day i cannot do nothing with him, i just have on the display logo iTunes + Cable, i was try to restore and upgrade with iTunes on another PC, i was try to Shift+Click restore i was try FW version ( 3.1 , 3.1.2 , 4.0 , 4.2 and 4.2.1 ) every time just ( An unknown error occurred 1015 )

Please Help ...
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2008
    i have the exact same trouble here
    any real method?
  6. macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Because your Iphone now has BB 06.15, you can't restore with firmware from Apple server. you need to use your mac to create customs firmware and restore it with this customs firmware.
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2008
    anyway to restore it back to factory setting with factory firmware/BB ?
  8. macrumors member

May 1, 2010
    i also got the same problem and thankfully i was able to restore my 3g back via TINY UMBRELLA.
    Download tiny umbrella and start tss server, it will kill itunes. then click "kick out of recovery mode" . put your phone in dfu mode and then try restoring back via itunes.
    It thankfully did in my case.