Help these poor guys protect their investment...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by calyxman, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

With all this banter about how Apple's stock is undervalued, why don't you macheads take a look at the following:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=AAPL

Seems like insiders have been dumping the hell out of the their shares. Must be nice to be able to cash out a couple hundred thousand shares.

But that's ok, that's what most of you are for. You're supposed to buy their stock and believe the future of Apple is all nice and rosy. Just like you're told you're buying the greatest hardware and software when you pay those crazy prices for your powermacs/powerbooks.

I guess that's what "loyalty" is all about.

2. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Yeah! When they forced me to buy a Mac, I was just seething with anger! When they forced me to not sell my Apple stock when it was at an all-time high, I was even more pissed. But neither of those compares to when Apple published all those reports showing that their future is set in stone--30 billion iPods sold by 2006! Woopy!

Most of those people had the same information about the market that the investment firms had. Notice how all the sales were reported and filed entirely legally? Notice how they're now published on Yahoo? It wasn't exactly a secret that anyone who had lots of Apple stock could make millions if they sold a couple months ago. That's what the stock market is for--if there weren't that opportunity, people wouldn't invest/the market wouldn't exist.

I guess that's what "business" is all about.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The insider's have been selling for a long time, their filing have far outnumbered the other required SEC filing.

They are smart to be dumping, they knew the stock was temporarily overvalued due to the buzz and rally running around the stock, and would eventually correct itself.

One of the reasons that overly hyped stocks are something you don't buy for the long-term -- since they always fall eventually, even if the financials continue to beat the market.

4. calyxman thread starter macrumors 6502a

calyxman

You are so naive I think its funny. These people are privy to the most sensitive information about their business, more so than any of research institutions. Keep buying your Apple shares. Those guys need buyers to cash out their positions.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I don't quite get your point; are you implying that these guys are dumping the shares because Apple stock is set to go down the toilet?

<shrug>

Anybody with shares had a lot to gain by selling them the way Apple's stock had been rising. And like Sun Baked said, when the buzz subsides the price will deflate a little - but it's not as if Apple's stock will crash.

You seem to have a rather poor opinion of the judgement of Mac users other than yourself - I don't think they're all quite that dumb.

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

*sniff* I think I smell a Troll

From looking at the date of the sales, many of the sales done within the last 6 months came before the 52 week high... are you implying then that these insiders were in a panic to sell off before the christmas results were public??? Durring a banner sales year!?!?

Only 170,000 shares have been sold since reaching that high... I fail to see your point.

<edit> I've also notice that some of these sales were listed as "automactic" probably due to a stop-loss order made by Bertrand Serlet I assume he was speculating the share price would reach those levels eventually. </edit>

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

calyxman... I love you. You're so sexy. I want to show you mine... want to show me yours, sexy?

8. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Raven gets to take the troll home.;)

Nothing to see here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.