Help! Unable to sign in App store from iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by timidhermit, Aug 18, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

This is truly bizarre. I have iPad 1 running 4.3.3 JB.

I was able to sign in the App store to download apps until yesterday. However, since then, the App store keeps showing a "sign in" button instead of my account ID name, even though in settings I had already signed in. Tapping on the "sign in" button does NOTHING! Reboot the iPad (hard reboot) does not solve the problem. I can sign in and off normally from settings, but not the App store.

I have not installed or tickle around the iPad otherwise. Can someone please help?

2. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm having similar problems with my iPhone 4. It will not allow me to update my installed apps. Kept pressing update button and nothing happens.

3. macrumors regular

I have iPad 2 and can't update my apps. I press update all and nothing happens. I press install on the individual app and it takes me to the app's description page. Frustrating. I've reset the device and still nothing.

4. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got home and tried using my iPad. Same problem as the iPhone 4, the apps will not update, despite resetting device...I think apple has a problem with it's server

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Can you guys all go to the BOTTOM of the feature page in your APP STORE frontpage to see if you are STILL signed in? In mine, the "sign in" button now appears instead of the button showing my ID (despite the fact that I was already signed in in settings). If this is your case, it will explain WHY you cannot update.

6. macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I just checked mine and it had the sign-in button on the bottom of the page, but it still let me update my apps.

7. macrumors regular

Ok, so I'm not signed in, but it doesn't say WHY I can't update and now the page is frozen. Could you please explain if you know?

8. macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have no idea why it isn't working for some people. I had trouble last night accessing the Mac App Store, so perhaps Apple is having some server issues.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

If you are not truly signed in (with you Apple ID showing in the App store), then naturally you cannot do any update because you did not have proper authorization.

10. macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I just went back to mine, after updating an app, and it still showed the sign in button. But it wouldn't let me click the button, or the redeem button above it. So idk.

On a related note, when I click one of the featured categories, I can't get back to the main featured page without force closing the app. Hmm...

11. macrumors regular

Yeah I can't sign in either. Hopefully they'll get it worked out soon.