Help--Used iKlear, now have streaks all over LCD

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sigamy, Apr 9, 2005.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

I can't figure out how to use iKlear to clean my G4 iMac's LCD. I follow the directions but I now have streaks all over my LCD. It seems like this liquid is hard to wipe off. I've used the travel packs and the spray. I apply the wet, move it around the screen and then try to wipe off. But I can see all the stop and start marks from the spray all over my LCD.

I know this stuff got great reviews so it must be me...what am I doing wrong?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not using water.

3. pcproff macrumors member

pcproff

Sorry to hear that

Well I was going to buy iKlear but could not find it, I went to the mac store and bought something that is made by monster cable (iClean I think) it brings a nice small towelette that you can use once u spray the screen and it works great on my powerbook. Maybe you can find a towellete like that or go purchase this stuff. Its cheaper than iKlear also. Like $15.00 USD.

4. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

I went through the same thing. Bought the iKlear singles. Tried them a few times and they left streaks every time. So I then bought (based on the advise of salesperson) the Monster iClean in a spray. Works perfectly.

Sorry you wasted money like I did.

5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

iClean and iKlear are just ways to get people to spend money on what Windex can do just as well.

6. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

There is a big difference between iKlear and windex, the ammonia in windex could damage a lcd screen. I had the same issues with iKlear, in order to fix it, I just got a very soft and dry cloth and wiped the screen applying a slight pressure. That pretty much fixed the streaks, and I will never use iKlear again.

7. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

huh? whats with all the problems with iKlear. if its leaving streaks, then you are not properly drying it off with the supplied dry napkin. It says in the instructions that it takes a little bit longer to wipe off the solution on LCD panels, you just need to scrub for a little bit longer. It works great for me... makes my PB look brand new :)

8. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I've had no problems with iKlear.

However, I have found plain old tap water works almost as good. The key is to take a moist/wet paper cloth and wipe the screen. Before it dries (which it does fast, since it's just water) take a dry cloth and wipe firmly but not too hard of course.

With that, I'm gunna clean my screen right now!

9. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Followed the instructions to a T. I think the problem (I used the singles) is that the solution dries so quickly that you can't wipe it off quickly enough.
    Maybe it's the dry climate I live in. ;)

10. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

It's always best to use any product on a COLD machine. Meaning - turn your machine off for a bit before use. I have used iKlear and iClean with a RadTech ScreenSaverz on a cold PB screen - looks like brand new afterwards.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

iKlear will leave streaks on the LCD if you don't wipe the screen immediately after cleaning it, a damp paper towel will do the trick after you get the smudges off with iKlear.