HELP: Users can't open same applications

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rhobes, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Hello-

There are two user accounts on our mac (v10.3.9) and we both have administrator privilages. I installed Epson scanner 2400 photo driver download(from the Epson Home site) on my side and the scanner works great. Restarted the computer.

It will not work on the other side, a dialog box 1st opens asking to select the model scanner, hit OK, then after a long wait an "error" dialog box appears taking you to trouble shooting wizard because it will not open. None of the trouble shooting applies.

I've gone between the two sides and all is the same, checked our administative preferences and all the same-I don't get it. This also happened when I installed the camera software, gave up on that then it worked fine days later, never a problem since. Guess I'll wait a few days and try it again. Any idea's what is going on between the two sides here?
    Thanks, confused:

2. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

Why don't you install the software with the other admin-account as well?

(agreed should not be necessary)

3. OryHara macrumors regular

you probably installed it into the other users home folder. even though they are both admin's they dont have access to each others home folders

4. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

When I did the clean instal I had to trash files which were in my home library as well as all over the HD from the Epson scanner software. I know we can't get into each others library folders, so how on earth would you redirect the download from downloading into non accessable folders, this obviously occurs with most of the application loaded to one side. Are applications suppose to be loaded for each user? Thats stupid!
    :confused: