HELP!video out of sync with audio!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by blad3z, Oct 6, 2006.

1. blad3z macrumors member

I just captured this audio for a video in school, and in FCExpress it comes up with the 'audio is out of sync' sign and saying that it isnt the same sample rate as my video etc. and to make sure it is so forth. but this is after capturing and then pressing escape. Any Suggestions on how to fix this quickly? :) and one more thing, i posted something on blending videos a while back, is it possible to blend videos by layering them?as in not having to use the crop tool..just layering them one on top of another?i did this for one of my videos, but it did not seem to work for the others that i had done. So i was wondering if this was also possible. Any help that is given will be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks guys!

Blad3z

Edit: Now its comes up with the message 'Dropped frames were detected during last capture'...Any help there?

2. mufflon macrumors 6502

A kind of default reason why your video and audio gets out of synch might be that you lack ram / enough processing power. Try to capture short segments and then piece em together.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If the audio on the tape was at 12bit/32k instead of the standard 16bit/48k you'll get that message after capture. The audio may or may not be off. The easiest way to fix the problem, if the audio is out of synch, is to make a copy of your tape and make sure the copy has the proper audio format.

If you received an error about dropped frames during capture it typically either means your HDD couldn't keep up or another program was taking up too many CPU cycles and that caused your CPU not to be able to keep up. Are you running any other programs and are you capturing to a HDD dedicated to media only?

Lethal

4. blad3z thread starter macrumors member

How do i copy the video to another tape? and also, no nothing else was running..im using my PowerPC...and it never had the message come up in the past. But i think if possible, how do i move the video to another tape or something?

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You would need a 2nd MiniDV camera (maybe borrow one from a friend?) and and a 4 pin to 4 pin firewire cable to connect them. Then it's as simple as hitting "play" on one camera and "record" on the other.

Lethal

6. blad3z thread starter macrumors member

Do you mean record as in like how you record video etc? like...umm the record button on the recording part..not the record button on the play..yeah?sorry,just trying to completely understand this :)

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Exactly. :)

Lethal

8. blad3z thread starter macrumors member

Still comes up with 12bit/mix

i recoreded it like u said and it still comes up as 12bit/mix!!is there any other way?

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you still get that then you need to go into the menu of the camera you used to record the copy and switch the audio format to 16bit/48k and make another copy.

Lethal