Help Virtual box, parallels 5?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by FutureTechHope, Jun 1, 2010.

1. macrumors member

FutureTechHope

Hi,
    I want to play a few games on my MAC but there's no good game on MAC.

I want to to play ARMA 2 and was wondering if I could play this game on virtual box or parallels?

(Parallels 5 and Virtual box hopefully don't create another partition?)

2. Guest

spinnerlys

You should play that game via Windows via Boot Camp, as that game requires GPU power, which you can't get via a VM.

MRoogle will give you thousands of threads on installing Windows (how and why and what version and so on) via Boot Camp.

3. macrumors 65816

You'll definitely not want to play ARMA 2 in a virtual environment (or really any game I imagine). You'll have to install BootCamp; also that 7300GT won't really run ARMA 2 as it's under the minimum requirements.

4. thread starter macrumors member

FutureTechHope

Aw crap,

Bootcamp creates a partition though right? Does it take a lot of space?

Should I just change computer? I should increase my ram and change video card.

5. macrumors 65816

Yes it does; and you determine how big that partition is.

If you ask me yes you should change computers; ARMA 2 is an very demanding game.

6. thread starter macrumors member

FutureTechHope

What would you recommend? PC or MAC? Specs?

Any game recommendations with my current specs?

7. macrumors 65816

You'll want a decently current PC (Quad Core, 4GB+ of RAM, at least higher end nVidia 200 series or ATI 4000 series running Win 7 x64).

Don't really know, that 7300GT is really weak.

8. thread starter macrumors member

FutureTechHope

lol it is, I tried to play that shutter island game and it's horrible. Video editing is also horrible. I am pretty sure I can put OS X 10.6 on a pc. I don't want to download an external antivirus, firewall, spyware malware etc.

9. macrumors 65816

Why would you want to put OS X on a PC (especially if you want to run games)? There is no point to hackintoshing OS X on a PC if you want to play games.

10. thread starter macrumors member

FutureTechHope

Well I wanted to have the OS X because I really like it. I also use final cut pro a lot. I guess I could use premiere from now on. With Win 7 you no longer need to download external anitivirus software right?

11. macrumors 65816

Than keep your Mac Pro for OS X and build a PC for games? With Win 7 you still need anti-virus sure; personally I don't use anti-virus, just run malware bytes and ad aware.