Help w/ Bluetooth printer

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Chad4Mac, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

Hey,

I have been looking at the HP 995c with Bluetoothhere . Other than the price, this printer looks good, right? Good dpi, speed, etc.?

If I want to print out a couple pics -- nothing extremely special but to show friends and place in small to medium size frames -- will this printer do the job, well, ok, exeptional?

Have any of you heard of or seen any other bluetooth printers out there that might be better for my use?

What do you think?

Talk to ya,

Chad4NewBluetoothPrinter

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I would assume you use a Mac since you are here.

Before reading the following, I must say that it is entirely possible that HP wrote a driver for this printer that will work with OS X, but according to Apple, out of the box, Mac OS X does not support printing through Bluetooth.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61743

Printing over Bluetooth is not currently implemented in Apple's Bluetooth software. Mac OS X does not work with the Bluetooth printing profile.

Also note the Macintosh reuirements for the printer on the HP website

System Requirements, Macintosh, minimum CD-ROM drive and internet access required. USB-connect Mac: Mac OS 8.6 or above, 64 MB RAM; Mac OS X, 128 MB RAM (Bluetooth wireless printing not available for Macintosh).

This is just like the IR printing on some other HP's, such as the 990, which I own. The drivers for the IR printing are only available for PC.

I guess that's what happens when you're using a computer platform that has a 5% share of the market and then are trying to get support for a technology that has only a small percent of adoption on that platform. Basically, you get screwed.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Odd. I meant to hit Edit, not Quote. Now I can't delete this message. Doh!

4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

5. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

umm..you did it twice...i thought u'd learn from your mistake...

6. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Not exactly. When I hit back a couple times to get back to the forums, it reposted it again.

So, back off.

Still, it seems quite stupid that you can't delete your own post. After all, it is my post, not someone else's.

7. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

hp has recently posted a number of OS X drivers for their printers. i would recommend checking the hp site.