help w. frontrow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derajfast, Feb 28, 2006.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    ok so ive got frontrow set up, and ive got about 200gb of video files

mainly movies and tv shows
    they are on an external lacie drive, and i have them in 2 folders (movies and tv shows) they movies folder has all my movies as single files

and the tv shows has sub folders of the tv show, then subfolders of those as the season of the show

so a certain episode of simpsons is under lacie-tv show- simpsons- season 3- episode

now when i open up front row and go to tv shows, it only shows those that i downloaded from itunes, and when i go to movies in frontrow it shows EVERY single file in my movies folder + tv shows subfolders there in alphabetical order. it doesnt show the folder of simpsons season 3, and then let me get the episodes there

i have all these videos shortcutted in itunes too

how do i have the tv shows show up as tv shows? and have the seasons folder show up in front row?
  2. jer2eydevil88 macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2004
    They won't show up in TV Shows unless you buy them from the ITMS...
  3. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    no way at all? damn

how about getting those folders and subfolders to show up then
  4. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

Sep 17, 2004
    If you drop an Alias to your external drive in your Movies folder, they will all show up in there.
  5. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
    i already have the shortcuts from my external placed in the movies section of my user folder and they show up

but i want the show, then the seasons, then the eps when i click movies in frontrow
  6. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2004
  7. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA