Help w/ Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by noel4r, Apr 4, 2007.

1. noel4r macrumors 6502a

I use a web based application for work that opens with Internet Explorer. Is there some sort of script, hack, or shortcut I can use to fill in the same data. Example, in one of the data fields instead of typing "January", I'd like to use "m1" to save time and effort. Thanks.

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Auto-complete might be another possibility - having stored values in the months, so all you have to do is type Ja and it will fill in the rest, hit tab and done.

Would involve changing the code of the program that runs in IE though.

3. noel4r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, that's not going to happen. I wonder if there's anything I can use on top of the program.

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

If you produced a program that did that, it would probably be picked up as a trojan - and if it did work it could be a bit of a security issue imo.

5. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

how would it be a security issue, all it would do is input text into fields of the browser using like a KB shorthand

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Same way it could be recoded to copy what you type?

Dunno, I was looking at it from a business point of view if you are having it on a company computer. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it lol.

7. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

no it would be a app that you would have to set what it would put down in the browser (its sort of like your name and address being auto filled on sites that ask those questions). Not recording any thing in the browser. it would detect what shorthand you want for something and it puts it down for the according field