HELP WANTED BADLY iBook won't startup!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by renvaldes, Feb 6, 2005.

1. renvaldes macrumors newbie

My girlfriend iBook won't startup. The specifications of the problem are: When powerbutton is pressed, it seems to start up, but makes a full system shutdown noise after about 1 second. This happens when the power adapter is not connected. When the power adapter is connected, I don't even need to press the powerbutton for it to make a spinning fan noise. And it won't startup either. We already tried resetting the ram and power unit, but nothing helps, target startup won't do any good as it doesn't startup at all. Does anyone know how to help us out?

Thanks!

PS. could there be a way to connect her HD to my powerbook 17"? she needs some files before tomorrow.

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

my mom had a similar problem w/ her iBook
    what i had to do was hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Then i counted to about 5 and pressed it and let it go. it worked for me, but im not sure why.

and to transfer files from your PowerBook to her iBook then i would create a network w/ your Powerbook, if you don't have a home network, and then connect the iBook to that network and drag the files over if you can get it to start up.

good luck man

3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

To transfer files, connect the iBook to your pb by a firewire cable. THen turn on the iBook while pressing 't'. This would make it appear as a harddrive on your pb.

cheers