Help! Warcraft 3 crashing!

Discussion in 'Games' started by eclipse, Nov 24, 2006.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    I've played Warcraft 3 RTS (not WoW) on my G5 Dual 2 Ghz PowerPC with 3.5 GB DDR SDRAM without trouble until now.

Now I've turned up the larger maps to include 12 computer players and it keeps crashing! My wife is the Mac guru but even she's not sure how to dedicate more memory to Warcraft. When I do a "command i" on Warcraft it's minimum size is set to 160000 kb so that should not be the issue... even though I can't seem to tinker with the Suggested size memory settings or the min or preferred sizes.

What's happening? Is this a known bug?
    Cheers

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Warcraft III runs in OS 9 and X, and I believe that those memory settings are only applicable in 9. Unfortunately, I can't offer any suggestions for your problem :(

3. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

OS X doesn't really use memory allocation via users like OS 9 did. It's all controlled by the OS. Its' one of the reason's its so damn fast.

Back to your problem: make sure everything is off except WCIII. If that doesn't work, turn down the graphics.

If that still doesn't work, start at about 8 players or so and keep going up until it crashes. This number will be helpful and needed if you try to contact Blizzard. :D

4. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Thanks you Mac legends!
    I thought OS X didn't use memory allocation but wasn't sure... thanks for clarifying that. I ended up having a more challenging game with fewer computer players anyway, so I'm feeling better about it. Will try slowly adding players up in different games though as you suggested.

Good excuse to play a bit more hey? :D :D