Help!: .wav file to audio CD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rueyeet, Apr 8, 2004.

1. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

My housemate needs to put the theme for Family Feud on an audio CD for a class project, and can only find it in .wav format. Neither MusicMatch on her Dell or iTunes on my Mac seem to be compatible with .wav files.

How can we get it onto an audio CD, or transform it into something iTunes/MusicMatch can recognize? And can this be done without extra software? (I'm at work now so I can't look in Mac Help)

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Open it in Quicktime, then export to aiff.

Edit: I just realized that I have Quicktime Pro. I don't know if the standard version will do that. It's worth a try though. If QT doesn't work, try Audacity--search on version tracker or sourceforge.

3. rueyeet thread starter macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I don't have QT Pro....I wouldn't want to pay that much just for this one teeny thing. It just bothers me because I think I saw something on how to do this that was fairly easy and didn't need extra software to accomplish.

4. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Roxio Easy CD Creator and I think a host of other CD writing utilities will turn a WAV file into Audio-CD format. I think if you create a new Music CD then import the wav it should work.

Either that or import into MP3 and use iTunes to burn it into an audio CD. Winamp can import WAV to MP3 on Windows.

5. gerror macrumors 6502

Did you check versiontracker.com? There are probably plenty of conversion apps

6. rueyeet thread starter macrumors 65816

rueyeet

She does have Easy CD Creator installed, so I'll try that. And maybe look in the help. We were trying to do this in the five minutes before running out the door to work, so we didn't have time to try much. :)

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

All you have to do is burn the WAV file as an audio CD. Prety much all of the CD burning apps out there will allow you to do this. Just select the "audio CD" option as they type of disc you want to burn, and drag the WAV into the compilation. Done. I have done this hundreds of times, as I always burn audio CDs for people from MP3s I convert the MP3 to a WAV, edit the raw WAV file if I need to remaster it at all, then burn the WAVs right onto audio CDs. If you do need a converter for some reason though, there is a program called "WAV->AIFF" that will do the job for ya. :cool:

8. AmpliDude macrumors newbie

How to burn wave to CD on MacBook Pro?

I simply can not burn wave to CD. I tried this for many times using iTunes or CD Burner but all of them do burn waves as aiff to the CD and this is what I don't want. I just want to get them burned as real waves, not in any other formats like aiff or whatsoever. I'll be appreciated for any help on this topic as it is important to me.

9. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Choose the "Data CD or DVD" option in iTunes to burn the files as they are rather than as an audio CD.

Attached Files:

10. simsaladimbamba

Do you want to burn a data CD, which just stores the .wav files like any other storage medium does, or do you want to burn an audio CD, which can be played back in a CD player?