Help?! .wdb file format...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Jan 28, 2007.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I need help opening/editing/converting a .wdb format without paying. I have 10.4, with a fresh install of parallels xp...

The files are databases made with microsoft works access

I do not have works (these were made ages ago), and I would prefer (but I do not demand) to work with these files on the mac side. They will not open AFAIK in neo office, I have tried to no avail, but maybe I chose the wrong options. Help would me much appreciated...

2. amnesiak macrumors member

amnesiak

3. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

I have searched and searched, and can honestly not find a way (without works or a converter + office on windows) to open these files...any suggestions?

4. ceejay macrumors newbie

I'm trying to do this very same thing but my .wdb files came from MSWorks.
    I broke down and bought the Office:mac and although none of the programs would open my .wdb database file, I was able to email one to myself through mac then I chose Word and Excel to open the file. Since it had the txt option of opening the file I would assume a txt editor could be used- I haven't tried this yet.

I also tried taking my wdb file into Windows Word (on my laptop) then copy and pasted the file to a windows text document, them took it over to my iMac and pasted into a text file there.

I'd really like a program to open all my MSWorks database files in mac without all this converting though, but this program is no longer available, let alone in mac version!

Edit:
    After playing around with more database files, some have too much gobledeguck to make a smooth transition. I'll have to get back to the drawing board!!

5. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog