Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Absolutely nothing has changed on my system, am using 10.4.9 and everything was smooth until last night when PSE 3 and 4 both crash during startup. I can open PSE 2 no problem, I wonder what's happened???:confused:

Any clues or suggestions would be very helpful. Thanx...:)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
And you're opening the app directly, not tryingo to open it via a (possibly corrupt) file?

And you've logged in as another user and tried it?

And you've posted the crashlogs?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
And you're opening the app directly, not tryingo to open it via a (possibly corrupt) file?

And repaired permissions?

And cursed Steve Jobs and the horse he rode in on?

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL

Ok, now I know where to start. Thanks, yellow. I see if I can log in as guest, I don't have any other users. And here is the crashlogs, I think.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Logged in as another user - pse4 started up successfully. Shapeshifter may be a factor, but they've been working together seamlessly for months up til now.:confused: I'll ditch that and see if it works. Also repaired permissions, emw but that isn't working yet... I really appreciate your help.:)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Logged in as another user - pse4 started up successfully. Shapeshifter may be a factor, but they've been working together seamlessly for months up til now.:confused: I'll ditch that and see if it works. Also repaired permissions, emw but that isn't working yet... I really appreciate your help.:)

If turning off shapeshifter doesn't work, you should also delete all the PSE preference files.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
If turning off shapeshifter doesn't work, you should also delete all the PSE preference files.
Still no luck.:( Ok I'll try the curse Steve Jobs method now.

<edit> cursing didn't help , so I deleted the whole app and all it's associated files, then downloaded the installer again from Adobe, now pse4 is working again... I dunno what caused it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.