HELP! Wireless Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacNeXT, Jan 6, 2005.

1. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

Hi

There was some rubbish in the bottom of my Apple Wireless Keyboard so I opened it up (was quite easy) to remove it. But now it won't pair! I get a number to enter from the BT assistant, but no reaction when I do (I did press Return), and a failure message after some time. It does come up when it searches for BT Keyboards.

I hope I didn't break my lovely keyboard and that it's a software problem. It worked perfectly before (never did a firmware upgrade because I never felt it was necessary), and I opened it up again and I can't seem to find anything that's broken, such as the flatcable. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks.

2. MacNeXT thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, and does anyone know what a flashing led next to the power switch means? The Apple site is not very helpful for me.

3. ShermDog macrumors regular

Have you checked your batteries? I also have an apple wireless keyboard, and the LED flashes a few times whenever I turn the keyboard on, but doesn't flash thereafter.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think the LED flashing indicates that the device is attempting to pair. The LED on my Apple Mouse flashes until pairing is achieved and then goes solid too....

5. MacNeXT thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I don't know how, but it works again!