Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelxbites

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
So i get 100% great Quality with Dvd play back but if i download a movie avi for example i open it with quick time and the video Image and Audio get stuck/stop but the Video time keeps going as if nothins wrong ive also tried vlc it helps but still same problem, and on youtube same problem can anyone help me out here? oh and i have 256mb Ram im upgrading to 768mb in a week is that the reason? please help thanks in advance

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
The problem is most likely that you're running an 800MHz G4. They can do DVDs, but when playing video files, they have some issues.

angelxbites

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
The problem is most likely that you're running an 800MHz G4. They can do DVDs, but when playing video files, they have some issues.
okay thaqnk i just got my first mac (this one) 2 weeks ago for 25$ so i bought it..it was running puma and i upgraded to tiger..so all 800mhz have issues with video file playback? bummer
Thanx for the info:)

Riky.loebis

macrumors newbie
So i get 100% great Quality with Dvd play back but if i download a movie avi for example i open it with quick time and the video Image and Audio get stuck/stop but the Video time keeps going as if nothins wrong ive also tried vlc it helps but still same problem, and on youtube same problem can anyone help me out here? oh and i have 256mb Ram im upgrading to 768mb in a week is that the reason? please help thanks in advance

you can upgrade ram to 1 Giga and upgrade os to 10.4.11

i'm always watching movie (.dat, .avi, .flv, and dvd) with my iMac G4 (700 mhz, ram 768 mhz and os 10.4.11)

:apple: sorry if any mistake with my words

thx

Last edited:

stroked

Suspended
May 3, 2010
max out your ram, and do a search on mplayer for PPC, and how to set it up. mactubes is a very good app for playing youtube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.