Help with 30-inch Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JCRIVERO, Feb 20, 2006.

1. JCRIVERO macrumors newbie

I'm hoping someone can help. I just purchased a 30-inch Cinema display for my PowerPC (Dual 2.5). I upgraded to an ATI Radeon 800XT graphics card. After some trouble on start-up--which I remedied by deleting the old display drivers, I have another problem. The photos in my screen saver folder take a long time to load when in screensaver mode (about 30-40 seconds where the photo seems to be "resolving") and the photos do not take the entire screem--there is a large white band running vertically down the right side (about 3 inches). All other applications seem to use the screen correctly.

Any ideas?

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I think this may be because the 30-inch ACD is a widescreen, and the pictures are not in widescreen format. If the Mac stretches them to fit the whole screen, the images would be distorted.

3. JCRIVERO thread starter macrumors newbie

The slideshow screensaver worked fine on my 23 inch display (which I think is proportionally just as wide)--so this robably has something to do with how the system is fitting the photos on the page. Playing around with the option in Desktop & screensaver doesn't help.