Help with a Video Project

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ejb190, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I recently taped a presentation made by a couple of professors. The audio is of very good quality, but the video is iffy. (Filmed in Hi8.) Considering both presenters relied heavily on PowerPoint, I wanted to find a way to attach the audio to the PowerPoint, but I would also like to burn the whole thing to a DVD. Any suggestions on where to start? I have iMovie/iDVD, but haven't played around with them much...

2. Jopling macrumors 6502

screen shots

All you have to do is take screenshots of each slide of the power point by hitting cmd+shift+4 or cmd+shift+3 and select the area to take a picture of. You then import the slides into iMovie and drag in the audio from the presentation. I normally use Final Cut Pro HD, so I don't know a ton about iMovie. You might also be able to just export the slides as a Jpeg or PDF file from your powerpoint app.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Alternatively, you could probably export the audio from iMovie (can you do that?) and then import it into the powerpoint.... i'm pretty sure you can have running audio in a ppt presentation.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Yes you can, right click on the clip and extract audio. it will go onto the audio line below the clips

5. ejb190 thread starter macrumors 65816

ejb190

I think I would rather work in iMovie as opposed to PowerPoint because I would like the end result to be burnt to a DVD.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have a busy weekend coming up!!!

e.