Help with Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tobefirst, Mar 21, 2005.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Hey guys and girls,

I just downloaded AdiumX and I'm liking it so far. One thing I can't find, however, is how to get the list to move off the edge of my screen. It's stuck halfway down the left side of my screen, and I'd like to be able to move it around, or at least put it in the corner or something. I've checked the help (which goes straight to the faqs) and searched this message board, but I can't find it.

Can you help? Thanks in advance.

2. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I am not an avid user of Adium... But - i have messed around with it for a while. In preferences were you decide which buddy list design you want.. Choose 'standard' Then it will open it as a window... which you can move around... then once you have it in the desired location go back to the previous one. (the one that you liked)

Now given i have only messed with that program for a very little bit of time, I think that is the only way to do it.

easy way

1.) go to the preferences and check the standard buddy list GUI

2.) drag it to the desired spot you want it to stay at

3.) Re-select the original GUI design you picked previously (since you can't move some of them)

4.) someone else will come up with something better.... I am tired

kyle

3. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

you're a genius...or at least smart enough for me. forums amaze me as far as how quickly i can get an answer. Thanks for your help, kyle, and good night!

4. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Easier Way:

If you have it set up similar to the way I do, you can hold down the command button and click anywhere in the buddy list to drag it.

5. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

6. evands macrumors member

Heh, yeah, the whole command drag thing works but is anything but intuitive. We've fixed all contact list window types to be movable with a simple click and drag for the next major version... :)