Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddies1j2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Hi everybody

Im currently doing a powerpoint presentation on a windows machine. And I got a great idea for my presentation and it was technically an animation that counted from 1500 to 2008 in a fast way. Like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rocNtnD-yI&feature=related at 1:55. Can someone recommend me a windows app to do this and then add it to powerpoint slide? I was thinking a .gif or something like that...

THanks in advance

samwich

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
photoshop has options to export frames to an animated gif, if you have it.

In fact I'm not sure but the Gimp might also have animation tools for animated gifs. You should check it out if you don't have photoshop

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
cant help with the animation, but thanks for the link, just spent an hour learning about relativity! Interesting! :)

eddies1j2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
cant help with the animation, but thanks for the link, just spent an hour learning about relativity! Interesting! :)

yeah thats what i said its very cool ;)

one question how can i manage to make a gif with 500 pcitures is there an automatic way of doing it? instead of typing each number?

thanks in advance

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
I would use Flash or After Effects. In the animation, there was some morphing going on, not actually flipping through all the numbers. Notice as the numbers flip faster, the field is distorted?

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
if you have Photoshop CS2 or CS3 there is an Animation Palette. You can try to do it there, but i'll warn you that it will be a painful process that will test your sanity and your patience. Flash is better suited for this, but there are some fairly nice effects they have going on in there that you would have to spend some time figuring out. If you just want to have it count down, well, Photoshop can work for you.

-JE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.