Help with apache

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by firewizard, Aug 22, 2004.

1. firewizard macrumors member

alright i know i prolly messed around with one to many things and screwed something up along the way but any way my problem is, i have set up my web server using apache but no matter what page i try and bring up i always get a 403 access forbidden error. ive tried to delete all the prefs and start from scratch but i still haev the same problem does anyone have any ideas or maybe know of some place i could check out to try and solve this problem.
    Thanks all help appreciated

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Are all the necessary folders down to and including the one containing the files you're accessing accessible to the public? People have had problems with files being accessible but folders not being accessible.

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Yeah, if for instance, you're trying to look at http://localhost/~joe , try making the joe folder in Users readable to 'others' (in Get Info), as well as the Sites folder within the joe folder.

Lee Tom

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Do you have an airport network or some other network with a firewall? if so, you need to forward the port.

5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

If he's getting 403 access forbidden errors, then he's getting through.

Lee Tom

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

your permission set correctly.
    files should min of chmod 644. if you don't what i am talking about
    ctl-click and get info the file you want to open, and make sure it is read&write,read&write,read-only,read-only

7. firewizard thread starter macrumors member

sweet thanx for all your guys input i fixed the folder permisions and that fixed it. al nice and working again thanks